zzz - Retired Firewall Tools
These tools were used to produce documentation from firewall configuration files. Sometimes necessity is no longer given (e.g. ReadConfig), sometimes I just moved on and have no more need to use the software myself.
The latest firewall documentation system FWdoc was intended to producinge a vendor-indpendent intermediate file which then can be filtered and converted into numerous other formats.
Fortunately basically all vendors nowadays allow an export of firewall rulesets in a readable format (usually HTML), so these tools are no longer needed.
These Programs are no longer actively maintained
If you are interested in any of the following, retired software, please just write a mail.
ASLrules 0.7.4 (2002-2004)
- ASLrules is a Perl script to parse Astaro Security Linux firewall (v.3 and v.4) configuration files and produces a readable report in HTML format.
FW1Rules 7.3.44 (2001-2008)
- FW1Rules is a Perl script to parse CheckPoint FireWall-1 (versions 3.0 up to NG R65) configuration files and produces a readable report in HTML format - or export the data into various other formats.
FW2tux v.0.2.3 (2002)
- This program reads the configuration files of Checkpoint Firewall-1 (version 4.x) and produces a configuration (shell script) file for Linux IPtable filter.
FWdoc firewall documentation system (2006-2010)
- FWdoc was intended to be a vendor-independent standard of storing firewall ruleset configurations. It provided tools to extract the ruleset from proprietary formats into FWdoc format (in JSON), filter rules and objects, and export them into a number of other formats. From the FWdoc file a well readable, cross-referenced HTML summary of the firewall configuration could be generated. A dump of network and service objects, users, rules and settings into separate files (TXT and Tab-separated tables) or templates (TXT, CSV, SQL, etc.) was possible.
PFconf 0.8.1 (2004)
- PFconf (Packet Filter CONFig tool) is a very simple script collection to ease working with "naked" packet filters, especially Linux IPTABLES netfilter facility. It implements "group" objects where the script will take care of the necessary permutations.
Raptor2Ckp v.0.1.0 (2001)
- Raptor2Ckp is a Perl script to parse Axent (Eagle) Raptor configuration files and produces network entities to be included into Checkpoint Firewall-1 (v.4.x) configuration file "objects.C".
ReadConfig V 4.1.6 (2000-2001)
- ReadConfig is a Perl script to parse Axent (Eagle) Raptor (v.4.0 to 6.0) configuration files and produces a readable report in HTML format.
No program is (officially) supported by the associated products' companies as Eagle/Axent/Symantec or Checkpoint or Sun or Astaro - or representatives.