Software / Tools
Open Software by WYAE usually did not start as big project but clever
collections of tiny, sometimes even simple tools that measurably ease
the expert's work.
Sometimes the small tools simply stay just that - but sometimes they
grow into fully fledged software suites, like e.g.
FW1Rules or its successor, the
FWdoc firewall documentation system.
Please refer to a separate page for
support and licenses.
Current Tools and Programs
- localsendmail is intended to allow delivery of local mails (e.g.
system messages, cron results, etc.) to a single local "account"
especially on personal workstations and laptops, where a full-scale
maile like postfix is overkill and smarthost-forwarders like ssmtp
don't work as network is not always available/online.
- MoSSHe 13.5.14
- MoSShE (MOnitoring in Simple SHell Environment) is a simple,
lightweight (both in size and system requirements) server monitoring
package designed for secure and in-depth monitoring of a handful of
typical/critical internet systems.
- Theoretically you'd need an "endlessly" long password to be protected
against brute force guessing attacks. Practically this is very hard
for the average human. Additionally you should use a different
password for each and every system and login you are using. That noone
can memorize any more.
And here the Passwordifier helps...
- PAWS - Wardialing System 2.0
- PAWS is an ISDN/analog wardialing software in python. It is designed to scan
ISDN connections and for "modern" analog modems (running at 9.6kbit/s or
- Reportel v11.07.30
- ReporTel - create podcasts by simply calling your AVM Fritz!Box from
- Router-Finder (2008-05-25)
- The RouterFinder script scans a network for hosts and checks, whether
they act as routers. It can be used to identify rogue access points
and DSL routers in your company's LAN.
- Thekla v12.8.29
- Thekla is a web spider/crawler designed to aid web application
security tests. It extracts paramter-containing URLs and forms.
The result are text and CSV files, listing the URLs of dynamic web
pages and their referers.
- VENEv (12.9.18) for Nessus 4.2 and newer
- VENEv (Volker's & Enno's Nessus Evaluation) will extract a re-sortable
overview as CSV table from a Nessus .NESSUS file (starting with Nessus
version 4.2), speeding up security assessments.
Programs no longer actively developed
Software in this section no longer is actively developed by me.
Sometimes necessity is no longer given (e.g. ReadConfig), sometimes I
just moved on and have no more need to use the software myself.
- Firewall Tools
- Among these abandoned / outdated / superseded tools are the
documentation classics like FW1Rules, ReadConfig, ASLrules,
or converters like Raptor2Ckp, FW2tux, PFconf.
Most have been superseded by the FWdoc
- Other Stuff
- Various tools, webstuff I no longer maintain. Just peek in if
you are interested.
No program is (officially) supported by the
associated products' companies as Eagle/Axent/Symantec or
Astaro - or
For details on licensing and support please see there
and in the README files contained within the software archives.